To The Home of Bayshore Events
THE FALL CLASSIC
Private Club Event
Triathlon * Half Marathon * 4.3 Mile Fun Run
Saturday, November 7, 2020
2020 has been tough on everyone and we want to finish off the year on a high note. We are stoked to announce that we are hosting a private club event - THE FALL CLASSIC by Bayshore Events.
Our event will directly benefit Up & Running Again and the Orange County & Long Beach Rescue Mission.
TRIATHON AND HALF MARATHON FULL
Interested in the 4.3 Mile Fun Run?
SAFETY GUIDELINES AND PLAN
RACE REGISTRATION AND CHECK-IN
- Event organizers will obtain verbal race-day check-in. All registration and payments will be electronic.
- Race volunteers will wear face masks and all event participants will wear face masks prior to the event start
- All event participants will be fever checked and questioned regarding their current health.
- There will be no gathering of spectators close to the finish/start lines and race transitions
- There will be no finish line gathering.
- The run and bike course are open to the public. Please maintain six feet distance from the public and event participants whenever possible.
- Event will begin with five person wave starts, every one minute.
- There will be no traditional triathlon transition area.
- Changing chairs and area will be provided for both transitions
- Participants will receive transition bags and will be served with race concierge service.
- Bikes will not be racked, they will be stored by event organizers in locked/secure area.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at race start/finish and aid stations
- Masks will be provided at aid stations upon request
- Volunteers will fill participants bottles with FLUID or water
- Volunteers will provide race gels and limited nutrition – Event participants CANNOT touch anything at the aid stations- you will be served This may cause a slight delay, but please follow rules.
- Volunteers will wear face masks at aid stations
The 12th ANNUAL BAYSHORE TRIATHLON is Saturday, March 13, 2021
Please follow us on Instagram and Facebook and Strava
2020 Race Results HERE
2020 Photos HERE
Lots of pictures and videos currently up on our Facebook, Instagram & Twitter sites. Please follow us throughout the year for upcoming training and race news. Please tag us at #bayshoretri on your posts!
THANK YOU to all our volunteers who made this race happen!!
THANK YOU to all our awesome racers. It was so cool to see so many new triathletes join us this year.
THANK YOU to Motive Energy Telecom for being an awesome race partner and sponsor
COURSE VIDEO HERE
TRIATHLON BASIC TRAINING - FREE!
We love triathlon newbies!! Our goal is to encourage us all to push past our goals and achieve more. Our free training offers help with the swim, bike and run. Plus, we have a lot of fun. We will be conducting these sessions beginning in January, 2021.
The Bayshore Story
The Bayshore 70.4 Triathlon was formed after a few beers at Rileys back in early 2008. Mike: "Do you want to do Ironman Arizona next year , Barry?" Barry: "uhhh, sure!" Now what the heck do we do? ! With no local races on the calendar for early in the year, Mike & Barry decided to build a race that would help locals get their season started in a casual and fun environment. Thus, the Bayshore 70.4 was formed.
A decade later, our race leaders have evolved and we are still having a ton of fun getting locals ready for their seasons. For the past few years, the team of Michele, Brent, Erin and Barry have been fielding the question "Can we have a beginner event to learn more about the sport". The answer is YES!! This year we are fired up to host our first Sprint Triathlon. This is ideal for newbies who need some guidance and have some fun swimming, biking and running.
In 2015, Triathlete Magazine Voted the Bayshore "Top 10 of Off the Grid Triathlons in United States"
In 2013, We were lucky to have BMX Legend, Dave Mirra join our event - Yes, he was REAL fast on the bike. Sport Illustrated Article HERE
We sincerely thank everybody who has been involved for 11 great years. Erin runs around like crazy organizing our volunteers and helping with sponsors. Michele is our registration guru and tells us that we are broke. Brent organizes the race course and facilities. Barry is mainly around for his good looks! We are ALWAYS here for your questions. Hit Barry up at firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU for Racing + Spectating & Sponsoring BAYSHORE!!
GO FAST AND HAVE FUN
Please support Tim Davis and his amazing journey!!
Bayshore is now on STRAVA - Please join our group !!
2021 EVENT DETAILS
RACE DAY: SATURDAY, MARCH 13TH
Transition opens at 5:30AM
12th Annual Bayshore 70.4 Triathlon
Race Start: 7:00 AM
Sprint Triathlon Benefiting CAF
Race Start: 8:00AM
Bayshore 4 Run Race
Race Start: 9 AM
PACKET PICK-UP -
FRIDAY, March 12 from 3:00-6:00PM - location TBD
SATURDAY, March 13 5:30AM @ race site
VOLUNTEERS ALWAYS NEEDED + APPRECIATED !!!
Please contact Erin email@example.com
Transition: Bayshore/Ocean Blvd. Long Beach, CA
RACE TIME AND DISTANCES
Bayshore 70.4 Race Starts at 7AM
Swim: 1.3 miles
Bike: 56 miles
Run: 13.1 miles
SPRINT RACES - START TIME(s) 8:00 AM
Swim: 500 yards - bay swim - calm waters
Bike: 8 Miles - bike path along ocean
Run: 4 Miles - run path along ocean
BAYSHORE 4 - mile run
4 Mile Run -9AM
Please note: This is grass roots event. The 70.4 race bike course includes a couple stoplights each way that are not closed to the public. So, the old fashioned honor system will be in place. Be fast, but be safe!!
70.4 RACE CUT-OFFS:
SWIM: 1 hour
BIKE: 12 Noon
RUN: 3 PM
Course Aid stops on the cutoff times. You are welcome to continue and finish. There are NO Cutoffs for Sprint Distance.
AID STATION INFORMATION:
There will be an aid station at the 1/2 way turn around point on the bike course. Please pack your nutrition accordingly!
Run Aid stations every 1.5 miles.
All aid stations will offer:
Fluid Electrolyte drinks
ClifBar - bars, shots and blocks
Click to set custom HTML
HUGE THANKS TO OUR AWESOME SPONSORS FOR STICKING WITH US THROUGH THE YEARS!